Saturday, February 27, 2010
free?
Maggabelle- 4.5 years and 19.5 months it's been a crazy month. a ton of snow, a dallop of sickness, and a dash more snow. it's been good though. just started two new bible studies on freedom and one new book on the holy spirit. kinda hefty after months of biblical apathy. i find that i slip into times of drought when i've got a lot to hide. then, wham, God blasts me all at once. kinda like saying, 'ok, enough! you are going to hear this child!' so many things have been on my heart lately. Forgotten God is really rocking my world. all about the Holy Spirit and what it means to literally walk in Him. like just that, have i really taken to heart that the Holy Spirit is Him? and why is it hard for me to wrap my brain around that? and why is it such an effort to walk every moment with Him? shouldn't it be easy? shouldn't, after all these years of being a believer, I wake up each morning eager to know what He wants to say to me and where He wants to lead me? it's still a little weird to me. is it that i haven't really fallen in love with God? Or that I haven't spent enough time in true relationship with Him? what have i done wrong? i wake up each morning loving and yearning to know what's going on with my husband and kids. I felt as though I loved Joe only weeks after knowing him. My kids were within days. I'm so confident in my love for them and my desire to serve them. Why is it different when it comes to the Spirit? He is in me just waiting to lead, but I just stifle or ignore. Am I afraid of what He'll ask of me? Have I just not practiced/spent enough time listening? All very hard questions for me to swallow. And two different studies on Freedom. Ain't nothing like asking God to shed some light on the areas that you feel all chained up in. The obvious one, of course, is my issues with weight. But, another one is my deep worry about what the future will hold for me in the next season. What would my daily life look like if I didn't care what I weigh/look like? What would my daily life look like if I wasn't concerned with what God wants me to do with my life when my kids go to school? Can I really be free from the thoughts that I have been so ingrained in following for decades? DECADES. I realized this week that I haven't liked my body for 13 years now. I've scrutinized every picture taken, every outfit worn, and believed that I looked terrible for 13 years. Am I ready to be free of that? What in the world does that even feel like? And God seems to sending everyone down these really lovely little career/ministry paths that will just work out perfectly for when then aren't staying home with their kids anymore. For me...not so much. How in the world could He possibly make me free from all the judgement/comparison/self-doubting that this reality is causing me? Is the first step realizing the chains that have been invisibly holding you for all this time? I have to say, that has been the most shocking part. Years of not even seeing the bondage...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment